Sunday, September 25, 2011

Rosemary and Butternut Squash Risotto and Carrot-Ginger Soup with Curried Tofu

As promised, here are my remaining dishes from this week.  I haven't gotten the chance to make my Pumpkin Butter or Pumpkin Pie Quinoa Breakfast Bake yet, but I have high hopes for next week!

Everyone needs a good risotto recipe and this Rosemary and Butternut Squash Risotto absolutely has the potential to be yours.  It was full of flavour and was enjoyed by everyone in the family. Although in the end,  I felt it was missing a hefty dose of mushrooms.  When I make this again, I will surely add shrooms!

I found this over at The Vegan Foodie after I followed a link on one of Angela's posts over at Hol:Fit. It seems as though the blog isn't tended to anymore, but I still bookmarked a couple of things that looked tasty!


Rosemary and Butternut Squash Risotto

1 butternut squash, peeled and cut into cubes
5.5 cups veg stock
3/4 cups chopped shallots
1 rosemary spring
1 1/2 cups arborio rice
1/2 cup white wine (I subbed for apple juice)
2 garlic cloves
1 Tbsp Earth balance
Grape seed oil
Himalayan salt and ground pepper



Lastly, I made a Carrot-Ginger Soup with Curried Tofu from the Great and Easy Meals cookbook I told you about last time.  This fell a little short for me and didn't pack the punch I was hoping for but the hubby seemed to like it just fine :) Give it a try and let me know what you think!


Carrot-Ginger Soup with Curried Tofu 

1/2 cup grape seed oil
1 1lb bag of baby carrots
1 2-3-inch piece of ginger, peeled and grated
Himalayan salt and ground pepper
1 star anise pod
2 cups carrot juice
1 pound extra-firm tofu
1/2 cup arrowroot powder
2 tsp curry powder
Torn fresh cilantro


I didn't get to any cooking today, but I do have a pretty amazing meal plan in place for this week, so stay tuned!!!!

Peace and Love,

JorDanna

No comments:

Post a Comment