Sunday, September 18, 2011

Fall = Family, Food, and FUN!!!

I've missed you friends! I know it's been a while so lets get reacquainted, shall we?! Boy this weekend was a busy one for us:

Jesse and I took in a Hammer Of The Gods and W.S. Walcott Medicine show on Friday.


Hammer Of The Gods



This right here is my weakness folks!



Visited a local Farmer's Market The HandMade Market, B.R.O Niagara's scavenger run, the Grape and Wine festival, and The Niagara Regional Exhibition on Saturday.

My haul from the Farmer's Market
Some of the bikes at B.R.O Niagara's scavenger run
Outside one of the tents at The HandMade Market
Wine, pie, and dancing at the Grape and Wine festival
Does it get any better? 
One of my favourite local restaurants, Pan Cafe, was there with delicious fare! 

The Niagara Regional Exhibition

I'd take me home ;)


And attended the opening weekend at our local pumpkin patch on Sunday.

Watching Rex eat a pumpkin at our pumpkin patch

Maddy wasn't feeling too well so she stayed home. This photo seems empty without her.


Whew! I know it sounds like madness, but this is my family's favourite time of year, and as you can see we take full advantage of the season and all it has to offer :) I have to admit though, I stood back (on more than one occasion) and thought about the day when my ladies will no longer want to partake in our silly family outings.  I know (I hope) I have a few more years, but the mere thought of it one day ending has helped me to embrace and relish every single second we share together as a family. In my opinion, it's moments like these that make life worth living.

Sometimes I'm hard on myself for not accomplishing "enough" with my cooking, the blog, networking, etc, especially in comparison to others I follow. I often wonder how they find the time to do all they do. This week it hit me, the vast majority of those folk don't have kids!!!  We all have our own sets of challenges and responsibilities, but boy do your priorities change once you become a parent. Suddenly it isn't all about you anymore, is it?!  I find myself in this strange place of having more "me" time than I've had in the past 10 years, yet still in a place where those little ladies need me for so much.  My goal for the remainder of this year has become to find that balance that lets me be the best mom I can be AND allows me to rediscover myself through various activities that I love. I'm fortunate to have an extremely supportive family so I have high hopes of reaching (or at least starting my journey towards) this goal.

All of that and I still managed to fit in football and cooking!  Stay tuned for my Roasted Veg Sandwich, Sweet Potato Hummus, Vegan Pumpkin Baked Pasta, and Carrot-Mushroom-Barley Stew recipes/links.  Yum yum ;)

Lastly, I wanted to give some love to one my my best friends who went into labour 5 weeks early today.  I was concerned when I first got the news this morning, but was thrilled to hear that at 3:30 pm she gave birth to a healthy 5lb 2oz baby boy :D This is their first child and I'd like to send lots of love to their new little family, xo.

Peace and Love,

JorDanna

No comments:

Post a Comment