Saturday, February 5, 2011

Uber fast breakfast burrito

When I feel like I need something to "bite into" in the morning, I make this insanely fast dish. Pico de gala is one of my favourite condiments and I use it on as many things possible! It's so fresh and yummy and tastes best with garden fresh cilantro (my favourite herb!) and warm summer tomatoes. When I'm watching my carbs, complex or not, I skip the tortillas. However when they are in burrito form they're perfect for the car.

Serves 1
2 large eggs
2 whole grain tortillas 7"

Pico de gala
1 small red onion, finely chopped
4 plum tomatoes, seeded and finely chopped
1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
4 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
fresh lime juice
salt and pepper
sugar (optional)


Combine all indigents for Pico de gala in bowl and season with salt and pepper to taste
Set aside

Whisk the two eggs in a glass microwave safe dish
Heat on high for 1 minute and 20 seconds or until the eggs are fluffy and cooked throughout
Divide the eggs between each of the tortillas
Top each wrap with a 1/4 of the Pico de gala mixture and reserve the remaining mix for the next day.
Fold and enjoy :)

*Sprouts work nice with this combination as well.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Peace and Love,

Lady Stardust







No comments:

Post a Comment