Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Big Pink



Levon Helm's website read the following today:


"Dear Friends,
Levon is in the final stages of his battle with cancer. Please send your prayers and love to him as he makes his way through this part of his journey.

Thank you fans and music lovers who have made his life so filled with joy and celebration... he has loved nothing more than to play, to fill the room up with music, lay down the back beat, and make the people dance! He did it every time he took the stage...

We appreciate all the love and support and concern.
From his daughter Amy, and wife Sandy"


I was so sad to hear of this news because I truly adore him, and his music.  He once said:
"Lord, when the song wants to pick up and go a little faster towards the end, it's hard for me to resist." How can you not love that kind of passion and dedication in a performer?

Awhile back I created the "Big Pink" smoothie, which was indeed an homage to The Band. For those of you who aren't familiar, Big Pink was a house that the members of The Band shared, and where they composed most of the music from "Music from Big Pink".  I realized that I never shared my recipe with you, and today feels like the perfect day.


Big Pink



1 cup frozen (ontario!!) strawberries
1-2 frozen bananas ( 1 = kind of thick. 2 = really thick.) 
1.5-2 cups of fresh pink grapefruit juice
2 ice cubes
1-2 cm fresh ginger, peeled

ADD all items to blender
BLEND until smooth
TOP with superfood (bee pollen, goji berries, raw cacao nibs, pepitos, etc)
ENJOY

I'll leave you with my personal favourite, Ophelia.




If you've never checked out Levon Helm or The Band , PLEASE do so!  I promise you won't be disappointed.



Peace and Love,

JorDanna





No comments:

Post a Comment